Our Classic running program accommodates a variety of running paces and methodologies and includes both full- and half-marathon options.
All members train in the following ability-based pace groups:
- Blue group: <8 minute/mile pace
- Green group: 8-9 minute/mile pace
- Yellow group: 9-10 minute/mile pace
- Red group: 10 – 13:45 minute/mile pace
- Purple group (runners and walkers): 13:45+ minute/mile pace
For experienced athletes wanting a more vigorous training, USA FIT also offers two advanced training options.
Group meeting format
- Members participate in an organized training run or walk each Saturday morning with a group of runners or walkers of similar training paces. Each pace group’s starting time varies depending on the mileage scheduled for that morning.
- After the day’s training run (generally around 8 a.m.), members receive a seminar on a training-related topic to teach concepts fundamental to the rigors of successful endurance training.
- Free medical advice is available courtesy of Koala Health and Wellness every Saturday at the medical tree.
- After the day’s seminar, there is always plenty of time for discussion among group members and additional instruction by coaches.
- During the week, members complete their schedule of training runs or walks on their own or with other members of their group.
- Once the group has built a sufficient training base, Houston FIT organized and supervised weekly hill training and speed workout sessions. These will be in approximatey week 4 of your training program.